COVID-19 Rental Protocols
We are happy to report that as part of our phased return to in-person services, we are resuming Adaptive Equipment Rentals. The Northeast Passage office is not regularly staffed and we are currently working with a reduced team. If you need to reach us, e-mail is the best way. We will make our way through requests as quickly as we can.
How it Works:
- Please browse our inventory and submit a request form for the piece of equipment you are interested in. We will follow-up by phone or email to confirm your rental, answer any questions or help identify equipment that works for you.
- Rental duration: To limit everyone’s exposure, rentals will be for 1 or 2 weeks. We will not be offering daily or weekend rentals at this time. If you would like to do more than 2 weeks, we can adjust on a renewal basis if the equipment is not in demand. Additional charge applies.
- Rental Rates - $90/1 week, $150/2 weeks, $75 for each additional week beyond 2 weeks (based on availability).
- To minimize contacts, the rental release agreement must be completed online (you will be sent an email through DocuSign) and payment must be taken over the phone prior to pick-up.
- You will need to upload a copy of your driver’s license or photo ID to the release agreement.
- To limit on site adjustments, we want equipment to be set up as close as possible for you.
- We will request your height, weight and disability information.
- If you are interested in a cycle, please provide your X-seam measurement (image here). This is the measurement in a seated position with your legs out straight, from the back of your seat to the base of your foot.
- Handcycle rental: Please provide your seated arm length.
- Sport or racing wheelchairs: Please provide seat width measurement. This is the width from hip to hip in a seated position.
- Helmets are required for all cyclists and racing wheelchairs. We are asking that you provide your own helmet. If you do not have one and will not be able to get one, we will have a limited number of helmets available at an additional fee.
- Pick-up and drop-off will happen by appointment only, outside of the Northeast Passage office in Durham, New Hampshire. We are not allowing visitors into our office at this time.
- Ask us about delivery options for an additional fee ($50/hour drive time)! We are restricted to deliveries in New Hampshire at this time.
- We do not ship equipment.
- Only the renter (and caregiver if needed) should come to pick up the equipment. You will be required to complete a health attestation on the day of pick up.
- Face coverings are required for pick-up and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Please plan to store equipment inside or locked and covered if it needs to be stored outside.
- Repairs and adjustments during rental: Adjustments can be made by participants based on instructions given by NEP staff upon receiving equipment. Additional adjustments/repairs should not be made without discussion with NEP staff. NEP staff can repair equipment at the NEP office by appointment. Any repairs done by local bike shops will be at renter's expense.
- If desired, NEP will provide basic supplies with rental (tire tube, tire levers, basic tools). There will be a $15 charge if these are not returned with equipment.
Renters must agree to recreate responsibly including:
- Know before you go: Check the status of the place you want to visit. If it is closed, don’t go. If it’s crowded, have a plan B.
- Plan Ahead: Prepare for facilities to be closed. Pack a lunch and bring essentials like hand sanitizer and a face covering.
- Practice Physical Distancing: Adventure only with your immediate household. Be prepared to cover your nose and mouth and give others space. If you are sick, stay home.
- Stay close to home: This is not the time to travel long distances to recreate. Most places are only open for day use.
- Avoid unnecessary risk.
How are we keeping you safe?
The Northeast Passage team has instituted a thorough adaptive equipment cleaning process that includes disinfecting, drying and quarantining all equipment for a period of 72 hours upon return. Staff are completing a daily health screening, practicing physical distancing, wearing face masks and frequent hand-washing.
We are happy to be able to provide adaptive equipment rentals this summer!