COVID-19 Program Protocols
Northeast Passage has returned to in-person programming with some important changes in place.
These protocols have been approved by the University of New Hampshire and are in compliance with state and industry guidelines. We appreciate your cooperation!
Safety Protocols for all programs:
- Face coverings: Masks are not required indoors or outdoors. It is highly recommended that unvaccinated people wear a mask in crowded settings or during activities where there is sustained close contact with other people.
- Physcial Distancing recommended when possible.
- Frequent hand sanitizing is recommended. Hand sanitizer will be available at all programs.
- Water and sunscreen/bug spray will not be provided as it usually is, so please come prepared for the event with everything you will need.
- Events will occur outdoors whenever possible. Weather will be closely monitored.
- Northeast Passage waiver must be signed for each event.
- Capacity will be limited for each event. We encourage family members or caregivers to attend (particularly for transfers and mobility assistance). Please let us know when you register if someone will be attending with you.
- Bring your own equipment. We encourage you to bring your own equipment for events if you have it. This includes cycling helmets and other accessories.
- Health Screening is required the day of each event. If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you will not be able to participate. Have you experienced:
- any new respiratory symptoms including runny nose, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath?
- any new muscle aches or chills?
- any new change in your sense of taste or smell?
- any of the following: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue?
- a temperature of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or above and felt feverish in the last 72 hours (3 days)?
- Are you currently required to quarantine following a recent known exposure to COVID19? Or to isolate following a recent positive COVID19 test?
How are we keeping you safe?
- The Northeast Passage team has instituted a thorough adaptive equipment cleaning process that includes disinfecting and drying all equipment both at events and after use. We use EPA approved products for use against COVID-19.
- We have increased cleaning of our space and our shared resources.
- Staff continue to be tested regularly through the University of New Hampshire.
- Each sport or activity offered has been specifically redesigned to ensure the above Safety Protocols. If you have questions about a particular sport, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for your patience and support as we adjust to this new way of programming. We look forward to seeing you soon!