COVID-19 Program Protocols
Northeast Passage is introducing a phased approach to in-person programming with some important changes in place.
These new protocols have been approved by the University of New Hampshire and are in compliance with state and industry guidelines. We have spent the past few months researching sport-specific protocols for participation and equipment use to ensure a safe environment for all. We appreciate your cooperation!
Safety Protocols for all programs:
- Face coverings and Social Distancing is required. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- Frequent hand sanitizing is recommended. Hand sanitizer will be available at all programs.
- Online Health Screening will be required the day of each event. This will require participants to take their temperature at home and the online form to be submitted prior to the event starting. Questions included relate to exposure to COVID-19 and the presence of current symptoms. If you, or someone in your household, is sick please stay home.
- Water and sunscreen/bug spray will not be provided as it usually is, so please come prepared for the event with everything you will need.
- All events will occur outdoors. Weather will be closely monitored. There has been a tent installed for events taking place at the Northeast Passage office. Indoor restrooms will be available.
- Northeast Passage waiver must be signed for each event. We strongly encourage online signing through DocuSign to ensure a “contact-less” experience.
- Capacity will be limited for each event. We encourage family members or caregivers to attend (particularly for transfers and mobility assistance). Please let us know when you register if someone will be attending with you.
- Bring your own equipment. We encourage you to bring your own equipment for events if you have it. This includes cycling helmets and other accessories.
How are we keeping you safe?
- The Northeast Passage team has instituted a thorough adaptive equipment cleaning process that includes disinfecting and drying all equipment both at events and after use. We use EPA approved products for use against COVID-19.
- We have increased cleaning of our space and our shared resources.
- Staff are completing a daily health screening, practicing physical distancing, wearing face masks and frequent hand-washing. We are also being tested regularly through the University of New Hampshire.
- Each sport or activity offered has been specifically redesigned to ensure the above Safety Protocols. If you have questions about a particular sport, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for your patience and support as we adjust to this new way of programming. We look forward to seeing you soon!