With trained staff and volunteers, people of all abilities are getting out on the water. Experience the freedom of carving across the wakes and catching some big air on NEP’s adaptive water skis. Northeast Passage offers adaptive stand up skiing, sit down skiing and tubing.
Throughout the summer months, Northeast Passage offers adaptive introductory clinics, weekly development and advanced teaching. Currently, Northeast Passage hosts weekly skiing at two locations (New Hampshire and Massachusetts) and two weekend events (location rotates by year). This program is appropriate for people of all abilities. NEP’s waterskiing program gets close to one hundred skiers on the water each year!
Water Skiing Essential Eligibility Criteria
To participate in these events, all participants must meet the following criteria:
- Be able to breathe independently, not require medical devices to sustain breathing.
- Be able to maintain a closed mouth/lips while under water.
- Independently hold head upright without neck/head support.
- Be able to independently turn from face down to face up and remain floating face up while wearing a properly fitted personal flotation device.
- Get out of a capsized waterski independently, when floating in deep water.
- Be able to manage personal care independently, or with the assistance of a companion who accompanies you.
- Participants must successfully demonstrate the above criteria through a water test prior to their first ski of the season, if they have modified their ski fitting or are trying a new piece of equipment and/or if they have experienced a change in medical status since their previous water test.