Northeast Passage has developed a multifaceted strategy to generate funds to support its mission. The organization relies on multiple streams of revenue for security and success.
Let Northeast Passage put your dollars to work to better the lives of individuals with disabilities! Northeast Passage is a Not for Profit 501c3 organization. All donations to NEP are tax deductible. Large or small, if you believe in Northeast Passage, your support is welcome and appreciated.
We greatly appreciate everyone who supports NEP throughout the year.
- Annual Giving & Peer to Peer Fundraising
- Planned Giving – With support from the UNH Foundation, NEP has the expertise to aid in structuring and setting up a planned giving opportunity tailored to your needs and interests.
- Endowment - Northeast Passage has an established endowment. The organization plans to build this fund to ensure a strong future for all programs and consumers.
- Gift Matching – Check with your place of employment to see if they have a gift matching program.
Northeast Passage often partners with other organizations for fundraising events to benefit our adaptive sports programming. These events are open to the public and are another way to support Northeast Passage. We also host one celebration ("gala") dinner event annually. Please scroll down for a glimpse at our current fundraising events.
Value Exchange & Corporate Sponsorship
Northeast Passage will work with your company to create an individualized cause marketing sponsorship opportunity. Marketing benefits include event naming, public recognition, Web site feature stories and links, advertising and event collateral and signage. Northeast Passage is actively looking for corporate sponsors for most of its programs.
Northeast Passage pursues foundation support to fulfill strategic goals, build capacity, and complete projects; and as seed money for program development and adapted equipment. Northeast Passage has been awarded over 150 Foundation Grants to support its mission.
Federal and State Grants
Northeast Passage will seek government support for program development and research. NEP has been awarded multiple competitive multi-year federal grants. Awarding agencies include:
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services
- National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research
- New Hampshire Health Care in Transition Fund
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA Adaptive Sports Grant)
- U.S. State Department (Diplomacy through Sport - YES Africa)
- Department of Defense, Office of Military Community & Family Policy, and the United States Department of Agriculture/ National Institute of Food & Agriculture.
Fees for service
Northeast Passage charges modest fees for service for Adaptive Sports programming, works to secure third-part reimbursement for Recreational Therapy services and is available to provide contracted services to organizations seeking access to adaptive equipment and expertise.